Senior Preconstruction Manager / Vice President of Preconstruction
Who are you?
- A rock-solid preconstruction manager that is ready for a Vice President level leadership role or can grow into that role in a short period of time?
- A high performer who is looking to join an executive management team as part of a management succession plan?
- An entrepreneurial spirit looking for a meaningful equity position in a high performing company?
Who are we.
Howell Construction is a Denver based commercial general contractor serving the Colorado Front Range. Howell focuses on long-term strategic relationships and collaborative project delivery with clients in the health care, advanced industries, corporate interiors and general commercial market sectors. We have built a solid reputation in the Front Range over the past 84 years.
Our customers select us because we have the resources, systems and technical expertise of a large national construction company, but a flexible, personalized project management approach that makes us more nimble and responsive to client’s unique requirements than larger organizations. We are a highly collaborative organization that enjoys creating great results while having fun in the process. Howell Construction is proud to be a relationship-based, family-friendly company. We stand by our core values:
- We love what we do
- Honesty and integrity are always witnessed in our actions
- Always great performance
- Creating collaboration at all levels
Our employees experience an organization with an industry leading retention rate. People do not leave good cultures and well managed organizations. Come join a great team!
Key Role Responsibilities
- Lead the preconstruction department
- Perform preconstruction activities on key project assignments
- Participate with senior management driving process improvements to create best in class preconstruction results
- Participate in work acquisition efforts as a senior team leader
This is a “hands-on” role in a “hands-on” organization. In addition to providing leadership and management over this business function, the successful candidate will be expected to roll up their sleeves to actively participate in all areas of estimating and preconstruction.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual with great skills and potential, but who is tired of waiting for the person above them to retire or move on so they can test their talents.
In addition to the above, you should possess the following qualifications for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 8+ years’ experience in estimating and preconstruction
- Demonstrated experience with ground-up and conceptual estimates
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with commercial, health care, advanced industries, and corporate interiors projects
- Ability to lead a department and project team
- Demonstrated ability to develop and bring in business and new clients
What do we offer you?
In addition to “a seat at the table,” we offer compensation that is a top-of-market compensation plan for the right performer. This unique role includes an equity opportunity for the right person, as well as being part of a leadership transition plan while growing this well respected firm to the next level. In addition, Howell provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
Interested and qualified candidates, please email your resume as a Word or PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be held in the highest level of confidence – respecting your current situation.