Who We’re Looking For
This position is highly desirable for those individuals who:
- Is a member of firm management directing the firm’s marketing activities
- Is completely responsible for firm’s marketing program —accountable to firm ownership
- Possesses unquestioned knowledge of marketing theory and best current practices
- Is knowledgeable of theoretical and practical developments in the marketing field, and proven understanding of marketing objectives to meet firm-wide goals
- Represents the firm to clients, peer organizations, and business associates
- Makes commitments on behalf of firm with ownership consent.
This long-term opportunity includes the possibility of an equity position for the right person.
Marketing Director Attributes
Howell Construction is looking for a Marketing Director with a solid track record. Strong preference for Colorado candidates and candidates with relationships and knowledge of the local markets. Attributes of a top candidate include:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or technical field
- 5-10 years of experience, with at least 3 years of experience in design/construction marketing in a position of similar or only slightly lesser responsibilities
- Has sharp management skills, good-to-excellent writing skills, and outstanding oral communication capability
- Has a professional demeanor that enables the person to interact with the highest levels both inside and outside the firm
- Demonstrates unquestioned competence in marketing theory and practice, and is a policy-maker and influencer
- Has excellent presentation skills
- Committed to continual improvement of the department and personally as a leader. Seeks out and participates in marketing training, or other specialized education annually to keep Howell on the bleeding edge of industry trends.
- By example, sets a standard of professional competence
- Learns and demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of firm’s history, practice, clientele, goals, policies, and procedures
- Able to deal with potential conflict situations with a calm and professional demeanor always keeping a win-win outcome focus
Typical Duties | Responsibilities
The Marketing Director will report to company ownership. Responsible for supervision and guidance related to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, or policy matters. Consults with owners regarding unusual problems. Will manage activities of marketing coordinators, marketing assistants, and other marketing-related support staff. Manages technical personnel in performance of marketing duties. Manages activities of specialized consultants, such as public relations, advertising, or graphic design firms. Performance evaluated by firm principals.
- Writes and designs winning proposals and interviews with limited input from firm ownership.
- Manages proposal and presentation preparation activities for marketing and operations staff.
- Involves appropriate principals to close and negotiate.
- Establishes marketing programs, policies, and procedures to accomplish marketing-related aspects of the corporate mission.
- Creates the marketing plan and has major strategic influence on the substance of the plan.
- Responsible for smooth operation of all marketing functions.
- Has some involvement with clients and may be involved in presentations.
- Plans and schedules marketing support activities to ensure that goals are accomplished, and deadlines are met.
- Develops marketing progress reports on marketing program activities and achievements to firm ownership.
- Directs training of marketing staff and technical staff on marketing-related issues.
- Manages collateral materials development, public relations and advertising programs, corporate identity development and implementation, special events, social media program, and market research activities.
- Directs activities of specialized consultants, such as advertising, public relations, or graphic design firms.
Salary | Compensation | Benefits
Compensation is competitive and commensurate based upon experience: base salary, bonus plan, company benefits, etc.
At Howell, we consider our employees family, which is why our turnover rate is practically non-existent. We genuinely care about the work we do, the people we work with, and the community in which we live and work. In addition to competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, Howell is committed to enhancing employees’ work/life balance through personal and professional development opportunities, team bonding activities, a dog-friendly office environment, company outings, holiday celebrations, community service opportunities, and an on-site fitness center and golf simulator.
Interested and qualified candidates, please email your resume as a Word or PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be held in the highest level of confidence – respecting your current situation.