Who We’re Looking For
This position is highly desirable for those individuals who:
- Performs advanced marketing support functions.
- Is able to plan and execute marketing activities requiring independent judgement and selection and adaptation of standard techniques. Is able to develop new approaches to problems.
- Is responsible for secretarial/clerical functions for the marketing program.
Marketing Coordinator Attributes
Howell Construction is looking for a Marketing Coordinator with a solid track record. Attributes of a top candidate include:
- Some industry experience or a college degree in marketing, communications or related field preferred
- Interest and experience in written communications
- Proficient use of English and punctuation
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in graphics software, such as InDesign
Typical Duties | Responsibilities
The Marketing Coordinator will report to the marketing director, business development manager or director, or principals. Independently performs most assignments based on specification of desired results. May also coordinate/direct the efforts of specialized consultants, such as photographers and public relations. May assume temporary supervisory responsibility for technical staff assigned to marketing projects. Performance evaluated by marketing management-level staff with input from principals and technical managers.
- Plans, conducts, and coordinates a range of marketing support activities.
- Develops/maintains marketing information systems.
- Creates concepts for and coordinates production of collateral materials.
- Supports development or marketing and sales strategy.
- Researches target markets and clients.
- Helps develop strategy on project-specific marketing activities, and coordinates production of project marketing support materials (proposals, presentations, etc.).
- Establishes relationships with media representatives; coordinates public relations activities.
- Plans/coordinates special events. Coordinates implementation of corporate identity, website, social media, project photography, and advertising.
- Writes proposal sections and general marketing correspondence.
- Directs leads to appropriate superiors for investigation and follow-up.
- Tracks leads and follows up with senior marketers, technical staff and principals on sales contracts.
Fit is everything to us and the following qualities are important considerations:
- Is well organized, persistent, tactful, and enthusiastic. Works well with all types and levels of people, and without close supervision.
- Works well on teams.
- Has excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of marketing and public relations, and working knowledge of firm’s business, policies, procedures, programs, and capabilities.
- Possesses good time management skills and ability to balance short-term deadlines against long-term goals.
- Is actively involved in professional and community organizations.
- Participates in continuing on-the-job training and specialized training at least every 2 years.
- Should be able to develop marketing program through both original contributions and refinement of existing activities.
- Fits the Howell culture.
- General knowledge of Howell’s operations.
- Demonstrates Howell’s values on a consistent basis.
- Embodies Howell’s brand promise of “Always Great Performance”.
Salary | Compensation | Benefits
Compensation is competitive and commensurate based upon experience: base salary, bonus plan, company benefits, etc.
At Howell, we consider our employees family, which is why our turnover rate is practically non-existent. We genuinely care about the work we do, the people we work with, and the community in which we live and work. In addition to competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, Howell is committed to enhancing employees’ work/life balance through personal and professional development opportunities, team bonding activities, a dog-friendly office environment, company outings, holiday celebrations, community service opportunities, and an on-site fitness center and golf simulator.
Interested and qualified candidates, please email your resume as a Word or PDF attachment to email@example.com. All inquiries will be held in the highest level of confidence – respecting your current situation.