Who We’re Looking For
This position is highly desirable for those individuals who:
- Want a high-growth opportunity
- Are ready for the next level in your career
- Enjoy a highly collaborative work environment
Howell Construction is looking for an Estimator with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of estimating experience
- Demonstrated experience with ground-up and conceptual estimates
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with commercial, health care, advanced industries, corporate interiors, and public sector projects, a plus
The successful candidate must be a team player with excellent organizational skills and the ability to accomplish numerous detailed tasks simultaneously. The candidate’s values must be consistent with Howell Construction’s. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual with great skills and potential.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the pricing and bidding of construction projects, reviewing milestone documents to price alternative opportunities
- Create bid schedules
- Understand construction methods, can identify constructability issues, and read and understand construction documents
- Develop complete and accurate conceptual budgets based solely on a written narrative and/or concept
- Develop and execute value engineering strategies
- Prepare contractual exhibits for scope of work for subcontracts, and direct information/documents to subcontractors
- Participate in the internal estimate review process and assist with final assembly of estimate presentation for owner
- Represent Howell with Owner(s), Architects, Consultants, Vendors and Subcontractors in a courteous and professional way
- Build effective working relationships with clients and the Howell project team members
- Become a “subject matter expert” in Preconstruction Best Practices
Salary | Compensation | Benefits
Compensation is competitive and commensurate based upon experience: base salary, bonus plan, company benefits, etc.
At Howell, we consider our employees family, which is why our turnover rate is practically non-existent. We genuinely care about the work we do, the people we work with, and the community in which we live and work. In addition to competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, Howell is committed to enhancing employees’ work/life balance through personal and professional development opportunities, team bonding activities, a dog-friendly office environment, company outings, holiday celebrations, community service opportunities, and an on-site fitness center and golf simulator.
Interested and qualified candidates, please email your resume as a Word or PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be held in the highest level of confidence – respecting your current situation.