Construction Payroll Specialist
Who We’re Looking For
This position is highly desirable for those individuals who:
- Want a high-growth opportunity
- Have a strong initiative, are emotionally mature & have a positive outlook.
- Are reliable in all aspects, especially organization, accuracy & attention to detail.
- Are solid interpersonal and communication skills & can work in a team environment.
- Has a Servant Leader mindset – support of operations team & employees.
- Are have a willingness to cross train & master different roles.
Construction Payroll Specialist Attributes
Howell Construction is looking for a Construction Payroll Specialist with the following qualifications:
- Accounting degree preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Construction payroll experience desired:
- Performs weekly payroll processing for 80-120 employees.
- Manages time entry process and troubleshoots issues.
- Updates employee changes to salary/benefits/direct deposit, etc.
- Manages labor templates for project costing.
- Uploads payroll deposit to bank and issuance of manual checks as needed.
- Responsible for payment of all taxes and benefits associated with payroll.
- Union employee benefit tracking and monthly union reporting and remittances
- Reconciles employee healthcare benefit premiums along with assisting in annual open enrollment process.
- Reconciles monthly PTO accrual balances along with necessary financial entries.
- Prepares and files payroll tax reports with appropriate authorities.
- Issues W2s annually and ACA reports.
- Reviews and records employee expenses for approval including maintenance of field list for vehicle allowances.
- Reconciles bank accounts, makes remote deposits and records entries daily to keep accurate cash position.
- Other Accounting Experience considered a plus:
- Exposure to accounts payable and AIA billing process.
- Ability to prepare accurate and timely T&M project billings, including the collection of all required, supporting documentation.
- Exposure to Sales & Use Taxes within Colorado and how they are calculated.
- Understanding of partial and final lien waiver process.
- Consistency in meeting monthly close timelines.
- Intermediate or better knowledge of Excel.
- Viewpoint Vista software experience.
The successful candidate must be a team player with excellent organizational skills and the ability to accomplish numerous detailed tasks simultaneously. The candidate’s values must be consistent with Howell Construction’s. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual with great skills and potential.