Staff Accountant with Billing Emphasis
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking an experienced individual with high-level accounting knowledge and the drive to become a long-term Howell team member. The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Ability to grow within the company and have the potential to move into a lead level accounting position in three to five years.
- Strong initiative, emotionally mature and have a positive outlook
- Reliable in all aspects especially organization, accuracy and attention to detail
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Servant Leader mindset – support of operations team and employees
- Willingness to cross train and master different roles
Construction Billing Specialist Attributes
Howell is looking for a Construction Billing Specialist with the following attributes:
- Accounting degree preferred
- Experience as a general accountant or staff accountant
- Construction accounting experience
- AIA billing experience
- Has had exposure to AP, Payroll, Unions, HR, insurance
- Has had exposure to Sales & Use Tax submissions
- Management of partial and final lien waiver process
- Prepare accurate and timely invoices for each job, including the collection of all required supporting documentation – emphasis on detailed T&M Billings
- Requests for certificates of insurance
- Consistency in meeting monthly close timelines
- Intermediate or better knowledge of excel
- ViewPoint experience a plus
Salary | Compensation | Benefits
Compensation is competitive and commensurate based upon experience: base salary, bonus plan, company benefits, etc.
At Howell, we consider our employees family, which is why our turnover rate is practically non-existent. We genuinely care about the work we do, the people we work with, and the community in which we live and work. In addition to competitive compensation with a salary starting from $55,000 – $65,000 and comprehensive benefits Howell is committed to enhancing employees’ work/life balance through personal and professional development opportunities, team bonding activities, a dog-friendly office environment, company outings, holiday celebrations, community service opportunities, and an on-site fitness center.
Interested and qualified candidates, please email your resume as a Word or PDF attachment to email@example.com. All inquiries will be held in the highest level of confidence – respecting your current situation.